PRAI’s Seed Grant recognizes established and up-and-coming scientists bringing promising research ideas to the field of neuroimmunology. These grants support innovative projects and aim to attract new scientific talent to the field. PRAI is awarding grants of up to $150,000 over two years for clinical studies related to the neuroimmune response involved in post-infectious, metabolic, and environmental related encephalopathies
Selection Process: Applications for the 2019 award were solicited beginning January 1, 2019 and will be closed April 15, 2019. Awards will be announced July 1, 2019.
- Candidate applications must include a viable proposal for a proof-of-concept project to be funded, in part or in sum, by the grant award.
- Applications from overseas investigators are welcome.
- Principle investigators from all academic organizations may apply.
- Previous demonstrated expertise in the fields of neuroimmunology is desirable but not required.
Funding Levels: Research Grant Awards: up to $75,000 for 1 year or up to $150,000 for 2 years
PRAI will consider reasonable requests for:
- Laboratory supplies and other research expenses
- Travel expenses for investigators (up to $1,500 per year)
- Research equipment up to $5,000 (Excluding equipment for personal or office use. e.g. computers)
- Indirect costs of up to 10% may be included, but the total value of the grant may not exceed the levels stated above.
Full Grant Proposal Requirements:
Proposals should be 2-page long and include the following:
- A ¼ page summary describing the project in lay language describing rationale and how it will contribute to our understanding of pediatric neuroimmune disorders.
- Overarching hypothesis
- Specific aims
- Experimental design including justification for number of animals.
- References (not included in 2-page limit).
- NIH-style biosketch (not included in 2-page limit).
- Budget justification, including qualifications and full contact information of all research team members (not included in 2-page limit).
Inquiries: (804) 615-5377, or firstname.lastname@example.org